Lakefront wedding venue in Denver, CO
Elegant indoor & outdoor event space for wedding Ceremonies & receptions
Nestled in The Marina at Cherry Creek, The Lake House at Pelican Bay is Denver’s only beachfront wedding venue with options as expansive as its breathtaking views.
Love is Better with a View of the Water...
The Lake House is Denver’s only beachfront wedding venue with spectacular views. This all-inclusive, charming location – located just minutes from Denver, CO, is the perfect setting for your ceremony and reception. Hold your wedding ceremony amid a backdrop of graceful sailboats. Host your reception in the mountain-lodge-meets-yacht-club Great Hall. Bring your closest friends and family together to celebrate your love at The Lake House at Pelican Bay!
This unique Denver wedding venue includes an elegant and spacious interior that can be divided into customizable, multi-purpose rooms. From an intimate 10-person celebration all the way up to 400 for your big blowout reception, we have the perfect space for your wedding celebrations. Whether you’re outside in summer enjoying cocktails and dinner on the Upper Deck or Tiki Beach or inside in colder weather at a formal sit-down, you’ll be able to enjoy the incredible scenery on your big day!
The Lake House at Pelican Bay is a spectacular canvas for you to express your wedding vision. Customize this iconic wedding venue to throw a more casual wedding celebration or dress up the event space for an extravagant reception. From intimate to spectacular, The Lake House at Pelican Bay near Denver is an unforgettable venue to host your wedding.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR WEDDING CELEBRATION
Let us help you design a wedding to remember. Whether small or large, we’ve helped set the mood for all types of weddings and receptions, including a variety of rooms and spaces ready for you to explore.
Denver's Most Unique Wedding Venue
- Tiki Beach and Breezeway Patio – Cherry Creek State Park is the only State Park where you can legally drink with your toes in the water.
- Sail Bandshell – Designed by famed architect, Cabel Childress in the late 60s, this iconic structure, set between The Marina and The Wharf, boasts an elevated sail-shaped shell and landing perfect for wedding ceremonies with a seating area on the jetty and adjacent plaza.
- Ready Room for bride dressing, Pelican Club for groom party preparation.
- Pelican Club includes a private bar, TV, and enough space for an intimate gathering of family or friends.
We’ll work with you to create the perfect floor plan for your wedding celebrations and are always open to ideas and will accommodate as able.
- We can help you reserve this space with CCSP.
Please note: We cannot alter the property for wedding ceremonies or receptions that may disturb wildlife, vegetation, or structures.
We want your Wedding to capture your vision perfectly and will work with your planner to make your dreams become a reality. There are just a few rules to keep in mind:
- Decorations may not be posted, nailed, screwed, glued or otherwise attached to walls, floors, ceilings or furniture in ways not already outlined.
- Rose petals and bubbles are permitted outdoors, but not indoors.
- Confetti, glitter, rice and bird seed are not permitted anywhere on the property.
- Open flames are not allowed unless they are enclosed in glass votives, hurricane lamps or glass pillar vases.
- Open flames are allowed within the fire pit on The Tiki Beach. Sparklers are never allowed in the Park
Wedding Rentals Made Easy
Getting a hold of the right inventory for a wedding can be hard. Thankfully, the Lake House comes fully stocked with hundreds of chairs and plenty of tables to accommodate your guests.
Event Chair & Table Inventory:
- (20) 5′ round tables
- (2) 4′ round tables
- (6) 8′ rectangle tables
- (6) 6′ rectangle tables
- 200 Dark wood folding chairs
- 150 White folding chairs
- 20 Adjustable cocktail tables
THE LAKE HOUSE: VENUE PRICING
It looks FABULOUS, but how much does it cost?
Fill out the simple form below to get access to our pricing.
If we’re in line with your budget, we encourage you to book a free tour on the Pricing page.
Wedding Catering: Elegant Dinner & Desserts
Our event coordinators have access to an exclusive caterer list that has been honed over the years to include only the very best that Denver and the surrounding area have to offer. We would be thrilled to connect you with our list of highly-rated and local Denver wedding vendors. Click here to request a consultation.
Have your own ideas – that’s great too! Just keep in mind the following guidelines:
- All other caterers must be pre-approved by the Lake House team and a $5 per person fee will be charged.
- We have in-house spaces for serving, cooling, warming, etc.
- Access to the catering space requires strict compliance with authorized access points and driving regulations. Violations may result in forfeiture of your damage deposit.
Libations: Enjoy the Finest Wine, Liquor, & Beer
After the vows have been exchanged, it’s time to celebrate! With several bar locations and the capacity to handle all your wedding libation needs, all you have to do is let loose and dance the night away.
- The Lake House maintains its own liquor license by law.
- Only alcohol purchased from the Lake House may be consumed on the property during wedding celebrations or any other event.
- We offer an array of choices and will order anything you’d like served to your guests.
- Bartending packages are available upon request.
Please note: Alcohol service concludes 30 minutes prior to the end of your wedding reception and no later than 11 p.m.
Don’t let something like parking take away from your magical day. We have plenty of options to take care of parking for your guests:
- Parking for your wedding guests is provided in the Lake House parking lot and can easily handle up to 200 guests.
- A specific parking management plan must be submitted and approved.
- Parking shuttles and shuttles to move materials from parking lot into venue are available.
- If you’re hosting party on a Sunday afternoon, we’ll help you arrange off-site parking or a shuttle service.
Scheduling Your Planning Sessions
We want your event to run as smoothly as possible, and while we have an event manager on staff, we do require you to hire a professional wedding planner for your special day. We’ll schedule at least one planning session with you and your wedding planner one month prior to your wedding details follow-up. In this one-hour meeting, we will work with you, your planner, your caterer, and any other representatives to finalize all event details. This extra step ensures everyone is ready to seamlessly execute a memorable experience for you and your guests.
Once you arrive, we will be ready for you, your planner, your vendors and your guests. Our team will be present during your entire wedding celebration to help with any facility-related needs. However, we are not available to help with preparations, setup, event management, cleanup or otherwise. If you need this extra assistance, we will refer you to those who can step in.
Please note: Pelican Bay does not provide wedding planners, only staff liaisons to renter’s provided team.
The Tiki Beach and Breezeway are outdoors and must be rented together. The Breezeway is the outdoor covered area on the first floor of the Lake House.
4,000 sq ft
250 seated or 500 standing
1,800 sq ft
120 seated or 200 standing
Wedding Venue Size & Capacity – FROM 50 TO 500 GUESTS
2,500 sq ft
200 seated or 250 standing
2,500 sq ft
200 seated or 250 standing
823 sq ft
50 seated or 70 standing
1,600 sq ft
100 seated or 200 standing
GET PRICING & SCHEDULE A TOUR NOW
Fill out the simple form below to get access to our pricing and book a free tour.
wedding Planning Information
Event Time Availability
- Sunday – Thursday: 8am to 10pm
- Friday – Saturday: 9am to 11pm
- May 15 – July 31 Sunday events: may only begin later than 6pm, or at 4pm if off-site parking is provided.
Please note: amplified sound hits a hard stop at 10pm to comply with the Park’s quiet hours.
Park Entrance Fee
Cherry Creek State Park requires that all visitors purchase a Park Pass. It’s more cost-effective than parking in Downtown Denver, while supporting the natural splendor of the Park! This fee can be included as a line-item in your contract. We will provide you with the necessary documentation to allow you, your vendors and your guests to enter the park at a fee of $4 per person. A complete list of vendors and final guest count must be provided two weeks prior to your event to ensure access to this benefit.
Please note: the day pass does not guarantee immediate re-entry should you leave the park for any reason. Summer weekends can be VERY busy and traffic can severely slow your entrance or, at certain times, prevent entry as the park may close due to capacity issues. In other words, it’s best to have everything you need for the day before entering the Park.
Amplified Sound Restrictions
The Lake House shares its State Park home with lake patrons and park wildlife. While we’re all for a great event, we must be mindful of how water carries sound. We’ll outline parameters in your contract and work with you to maximize your experience. We’ll perfect the volume for your event.
Rented Equipment and Deliveries
To make sure everything loads in a timely fashion, all equipment deliveries need to be handled by your team. Once we receive your list, we’ll go over it with you, providing suggestions for smooth load in and out.
Renter Responsibilities/Specifics of Contract
- Setting up all event items in a timely fashion.
- Removing all event items from the premises upon event completion.
- Sweeping and mopping all floors as needed.
- Removing trash from The Lake House at the end of the event. All trash and recycling must be either removed from the premises or placed in the dumpsters.
- Cleanup must take place within your contracted tear-down time.
Lake House Policies
- Not quite sure of your event date? No worries. We’ll place a complimentary no-obligation, five-business-day hold for you.
- To secure a reservation, a signed event contract with a first payment of one half of the rental fee must be received.
- The balance of the rental fee and the damage deposit are due four months prior to the event. If the event is booked less than for months in advance, the full rental fee is due with the signed event contract.
- An event is not considered confirmed until the event contract is signed, and the deposit is received.
- MasterCard and Visa are accepted with a 1.9% service charge. Checks are also accepted.
Additional Charges/Damages Policy
In the event that extra cleanup is required following your event, any of the listed rules are violated or there are damages to the property, we reserve the right to present you with the extra charges and access those funds from your damage deposit.
The Renter (party financially responsible for the contract):
- Agrees to take full responsibility for informing vendors and personal representatives of the use guidelines.
- Must hire a professional event planner, who will be present for the planning session, final walkthrough and other event details. Your professional planner is expected to know the use guidelines and help enforce them with necessary.
- Will take full responsibility for the conduct of their guests and is liable for injuries of other guests, our staff and/or property damage.
- Is fully responsibility for personal valuables. The Lake House is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
If you cancel your event, notice must be given in writing and fees paid to date are subject to forfeiture.
General Rules and Regulations
Please read our venue policies.