Plan Your BeachFront wedding at our beautiful lake house
Nestled in The Marina at Cherry Creek, The Lake House is Denver’s only beachfront wedding venue with spectacular views and our all-inclusive Lake House that’s the perfect setting for your ceremony and reception.
We believe everything is better with a view of the water
The Lake House at Pelican Bay is Denver’s only beachfront venue with options as expansive as our breathtaking views. Hold your ceremony amid a backdrop of graceful sailboats. Host your party in the mountain-lodge-meets-yacht-club Great Hall.
Our master space includes an elegant and spacious interior that can be divided into customizable, multi-purpose rooms. From an intimate 10-person celebration all the way up to 400 for your big blowout reception, we have the perfect space for you. Whether you’re outside in summer enjoying cocktails and dinner on the Upper Deck or Tiki Beach or inside in colder weather at a formal sit-down, you’ll be able to enjoy the incredible scenery on your big day!
Customized Spaces – ROOMS TO FIT ANY EVENT
Let us help you design something to remember. Whether small or large, we’ve helped set the mood for all types of weddings and receptions.
- Tiki Beach and Breezeway Patio – Cherry Creek State Park is the only State Park where you can legally drink with your toes in the water.
- Sail Bandshell – Designed by famed architect, Cabel Childress in the late 60s, this iconic structure, set between The Marina and The Wharf, boasts an elevated sail-shaped shell and landing perfect for ceremonies with a seating area on the jetty and adjacent plaza. We can help you reserve this space with CCSP.
- Ready Room for bride dressing, Pelican Club for groom party preparation.
- Pelican Club includes private bar, TV and enough space for an intimate gathering of family or friends.
- We’ll work with you to create the perfect floor plan for your event and are always open to ideas and will accommodate as able.
We're ready for your event
- (20) 5′ round tables
- (2) 4′ round tables
- (6) 8′ rectangle tables
- (6) 6′ rectangle tables
- 200 Dark wood folding chairs
- 150 White folding chairs
- 20 Adjustable cocktail tables
If you have something different in mind, we will connect you with the area’s best providers to ensure that you get exactly what you want!
- Decorations may not be posted, nailed, screwed, glued or otherwise attached to walls, floors, ceilings or furniture in ways not already outlined.
- Rose petals and bubbles are permitted outdoors, but not indoors.
- Confetti, glitter, rice and bird seed are not permitted anywhere on the property.
- Open flames are not allowed unless they are enclosed in glass votives, hurricane lamps or glass pillar vases.
- Open flames are allowed within the fire pit on The Tiki Beach. Sparklers are never allowed in the Park
- The Lake House maintains its own liquor license by law.
- Only alcohol purchased from The Lake House may be consumed on the property.
- We offer an array of choices and will order anything you’d like served to your guests.
- Bartending packages are available upon request
Please note: that alcohol service concludes 30 minutes prior to the end of your event and no later than 11 p.m.
- Pelican Bay is happy to share our exclusive caterer list. Contact us for the list.
- All other caterers must be pre-approved by The Lake House and a $5 per person fee will be charged.
- We have in-house spaces for serving, cooling, warming, etc.
- Access to the catering space requires strict compliance with authorized access points and driving regulations. Violations may result in forfeiture of your damage deposit.
- Parking is provided in The Lake House parking lot and can easily handle up to 200 guests.
- A specific parking management plan must be submitted and approved.
- Parking shuttles and shuttles to move materials from parking lot into venue are available.
- If you’re hosting party on a Sunday afternoon, we’ll help you arrange off-site parking or a shuttle service.
Scheduling Your Planning Sessions
We require you to hire a professional wedding planner to ensure that our event runs smoothly. We’ll schedule at least one planning session with you and your planner one month prior to your wedding details follow-up. In this one-hour meeting, we will work with you, your planner, your caterer, and any other representatives to finalize all event details. This extra step ensures everyone is ready to seamlessly execute a memorable experience for you and your guests.
Once you arrive, we will be ready for you, your planner, your vendors and your guests. Our team will be present during your entire event to help with any facility-related needs. However, we are not available to help with preparations, setup, event management, cleanup or otherwise. If you need this extra assistance, we will refer you to those who can step in.
Please note: Pelican Bay does not provide event planners, only staff liaisons to renter’s provided team.
Tiki Beach and Breezeway are outdoors and rented together. Breezeway is covered.
4,000 sq ft
250 seated or 500 standing
1,800 sq ft
120 seated or 200 standing
Size & Capacity – FROM 50 TO 500 GUESTS
Great Hall and Upper Deck are rented together.
2,500 sq ft
200 seated or 250 standing
2,500 sq ft
200 seated or 250 standing
823 sq ft
50 seated or 70 standing
1,600 sq ft
100 seated or 200 standing
Event Planning Information
Event Time Availability
- Sunday – Thursday: 8am to 10pm
- Friday – Saturday: 9am to 11pm
- May 15 – July 31 Sunday events: may only begin later than 6pm, or at 4pm if off-site parking is provided.
Please note: amplified sound hits a hard stop at 10pm to comply with the Park’s quiet hours.
Park Entrance Fee
Cherry Creek State Park requires that all visitors purchase a Park Pass. It’s more cost-effective than parking in Downtown Denver, while supporting the natural splendor of the Park! This fee can be included as a line-item in your contract. We will provide you with the necessary documentation to allow you, your vendors and your guests to enter the park at a fee of $4 per person. A complete list of vendors and final guest count must be provided two weeks prior to your event to ensure access to this benefit.
Please note: the day pass does not guarantee immediate re-entry should you leave the park for any reason. Summer weekends can be VERY busy and traffic can severely slow your entrance or, at certain times, prevent entry as the park may close due to capacity issues. In other words, it’s best to have everything you need for the day before entering the Park.
Amplified Sound Restrictions
The Lake House shares its State Park home with lake patrons and park wildlife. While we’re all for a great event, we must be mindful of how water carries sound. We’ll outline parameters in your contract and work with you to maximize your experience. We’ll perfect the volume for your event.
Rented Equipment and Deliveries
To make sure everything loads in a timely fashion, all equipment deliveries need to be handled by your team. Once we receive your list, we’ll go over it with you, providing suggestions for smooth load in and out.
Renter Responsibilities/Specifics of Contract
- Setting up all event items in a timely fashion.
- Removing all event items from the premises upon event completion.
- Sweeping and mopping all floors as needed.
- Removing trash from The Lake House at the end of the event. All trash and recycling must be either removed from the premises or placed in the dumpsters.
- Cleanup must take place within your contracted tear-down time.
Lake House Policies
- Not quite sure of your event date? No worries. We’ll place a complimentary no-obligation, five-business-day hold for you.
- To secure a reservation, a signed event contract with a first payment of one half of the rental fee must be received.
- The balance of the rental fee and the damage deposit are due four months prior to the event. If the event is booked less than for months in advance, the full rental fee is due with the signed event contract.
- An event is not considered confirmed until the event contract is signed, and the deposit is received.
- MasterCard and Visa are accepted with a 1.9% service charge. Checks are also accepted.
Additional Charges/Damages Policy
In the event that extra cleanup is required following your event, any of the listed rules are violated or there are damages to the property, we reserve the right to present you with the extra charges and access those funds from your damage deposit.
The Renter (party financially responsible for the contract):
- Agrees to take full responsibility for informing vendors and personal representatives of the use guidelines.
- Must hire a professional event planner, who will be present for the planning session, final walkthrough and other event details. Your professional planner is expected to know the use guidelines and help enforce them with necessary.
- Will take full responsibility for the conduct of their guests and is liable for injuries of other guests, our staff and/or property damage.
- Is fully responsibility for personal valuables. The Lake House is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
If you cancel your event, notice must be given in writing and fees paid to date are subject to forfeiture.
General Rules and Regulations
Please read our venue policies.